Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Captain Jack Sparrow

Finally. After 8 or 9 hours, I finished it. I loved and hated working on this one, and how, I'm just glad I'm done! Haha.
Click on the picture for bigger view.
So, it's not my best work so far (that would be Dean and Sam Winchester), and I know, that that is because of the COLORS. I'm  no good with it, but I AM getting better at it. It is by far my best colored drawing so far, so I should be more satisfied with it than I am right now. I worked hard on it, BUT I could've worked harder... there are a lot of details I could've done better, and texture here and there and.. especially the hair on the left side. But I AM satisfied with the dreads on the right side. hehe.

Anyways - I'm gonna show ya'll the so-far..progress..pictures for this one. I've got LOADS :P
Started out with a sketch of course.

Actually took me 45 minutes to do the sketch alone... the drawing was huge, and I tried to make it as accurate as I could, using a grid.









Then I just added like, the base coat of the colors, so I would know better where to go from. Or something.. lol. 1 hour in here.








Then adding the details on the eyes. I always start with the eyes first. Always have, and probably always will. I often go back and work more on them as I work on the rest. It's best to get some distance from some of the parts of the drawing so that I don't draw myself "blind" on it. :P






Then I started working on the facial hair, which I thought I would -hate-, but actually, it was a lot of fun! Surprised me :)

about 2,5 hours in here





Then.. after finishing most of the facial hair part, getting all naive -thinking the rest of the hair would be super fun after that ( I was WRONG) - I started working on the hair on the left side.
I thought that since the braids in the beard was fun to draw, then the braids in the other hair would be even more fun.
Nope.
It was hell.
Too many colors. Anyways. 3,5 hours in.

Still working on the left side. This was when I started not liking it so much, and I was pretty sure I would hate doing the dreads on the right side.
(4 hours in)








Trying to add some more "basic" colors and shapes to the rest of the hair. And more detail on the.... decorations on his bandana thingy and in his hair.
5 hours in.








Who would've thought??
The dreads were SO much fun to do!!
I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, and I certainly didn't think they'd turn out as good as they did, that's for sure. Might be the best part of the whole drawing. HAHA.
All I did was use a high opacity and only 1px on the brush and just doodled around like a kid would on a large piece of paper, only I did it more.. eh.. controlled and real.. small.. :P 5,5 hours.

.Added more shading and stuff to he hair to make it look better on the one about this one (Something screwed up my blog entry, dunno what, can't write next to the picture above this one)

Then I added some detail to the bandana, which was... not as bad as I thought it would be, but still pretty hard.
And of course far from perfect lol.
7 hours in

 Then, final one.
I see now that there are some parts of it that I forgot to... fix. Haha, But I DON'T CARE right now, cause right now.. I can't wait to start another black and white drawing. Haha :P
This is probably as good as I can get it right now. If I had chosen to work on it even more, I'd probably just make it look worse. :P Cause that's typical me :P

Phew!

So, I hope you all liked this one. I'm happy with myself, and even more happy that I get to start a new drawing now :P

Please leave a comment, and feel free to suggest who I should draw later on :)

Cheer out (Hahaha! Only a few will get that one..:P)

-CW-

2 comments:

  1. Cheeeeering! :)
    You're great! I agree about the texture, something about the skin... But still, it's awesome, and you are SO good!
    Siss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du e knallflink!
    Kjempemorro å få se bilder under veis. :)

    ReplyDelete